Saturday, February 18, 2012

Kylan is ONE

 It hit me a couple nights ago. I was laying in bed looking over all the old pics and video I had taken of Kylan since the first day he arrived up until just a few days ago. Of course my eyes fill with tears and I can't help but feel like the most blessed person on the face of the Earth. Kylan has been the toughest baby yet, but theres just something about him that makes me forget all that so quickly. He's been such a huge blessing to Neil and I. I never imagined having three kids. I always thought I'd have two. I always said, "a boy and a girl is perfect." as if I have a choice in the matter. But now I see how much I'd be missing out if Kylan never happened. I also said I would never physically birth children so maybe thats where I got the choosing from :) Anyways, obviously God had a plan way better than mine. Thankfully, Kylan is not only a year old today, he is healthy and thriving. I pray that I never take that for granted. that could change at any moment.

I want to remember Kylan as he is today: serious, energetic, sweet, patient, needy, busy, strong Momma's boy :) Well he likes his Daddy too, but this one def battles with separation anxiety though I feel like its gotten a tad better the past month or so. He always has his guard up, even around family members. If someone arrives that he wasnt expecting or we are somewhere unfamiliar...well sometimes its familiar but he still is like the clingiest little thing for a while. He's always had this little boy voice. Not a baby voice. His voice is a little raspier and deeper than norm to me. I've always loved that. He still smells like baby, has four teeth, and is already trying to run now that walking has been completely mastered. One of his favorite things to do is kick the ball around the house while he walks around. He is the tiniest thing, but he doesnt let that stop him :) He is over rice cereal completely and refuses to eat it, has started eating table food instead of his bottle in the middle of the day, and could still eat all day long prob if I let him. He hates eggs with a passion but seems to like most everything else. He says, "ball, Momma, Dadda, that, oh yeah, and others that I'm sure I've mentioned before. He LOVES dancing to music! Its so cute. He must have seen Nyah turning around and around at some point bc that seems to be his favorite move right now, along with bobbing his head to the beat and dropping his little bum to the music. His blue eyes are still nice and bright with beautiful long lashes. He still has a little dimple under his right peck that I'm hoping never goes away. I'm his mom so I think its totally cute and I love little imperfections like that.

His napping has started to get better. One in the morning and one in the afternoon before getting Nyah from school. Though it looks like hes starting to drool again like crazy so we'll see what happens. He's a very light sleeper and MUST have his binky and blankey to go nigh-night. He likes to say "bye bye" when people leave and "nigh-night" when hes tired. He waves for both of these occassions with his cute little chubby fingers :)  I'm so proud of Ryder and how he has gotten so much better with sharing and being patient when it comes to Kylan and toys. Ryder likes to tell on Kylan when he's doing something bad or dangerous. Theres been a couple times that this came in handy for sure!

Last weekend we had a little party at our house to celebrate my little guys 1st birthday. I wish I had more pictures...of people and not just objects but once the party started I was not really taking any :( I knew that would happen so my sister helped me out and took some I just dont have those yet unfortunately so will have to add them in later. Until then, here's what I got...










I seriously had so much fun doing all the crafty preparing for this. Mostly because it was a good excuse and I started weeks in advance so that I could do a little at a time and really enjoy it. Of course the disappointment was the Kylan was not too impressed with the cake and could have cared less. In fact, he took a taste and eventually just started trying to push the thing away. Honestly, I think he was mad that I put him back in the high chair since he had just been in there eating his dinner just a little bit prior. Whatever he thoroughly enjoyed the cupcakes I made later on so thats good enough. He just clearly was not interresting in performing on demand. The bright side was no mess to clean up in that department :)

Below I'm going to put up my fav picture of Kylan from each month so far. My, I love him so deeply.
5 days old {first smile captured on camera}

1 month old {with cousin whitney}

2 months {fresh out the tub}

3 months {beach bum}

4 months

5 months {with Mom-mom}

6 months

7 months {first ride on a swing}

8 months {halloween}

9 months {thanksgiving}

10 months {with Pop-pop}

11 months

A day shy of ONE YEAR!!!

Well thats all for a short visit down memory lane. I have a long day ahead of me and I should be sleeping first :) Nyahs first competition is today and Sunday. I have so much catching up to do on here but HAD to get this in before I got too busy!

Happy 1st Birthday baby boy! Mommy and Daddy love you all the way up to heaven and back!

No comments: