Sunday, January 01, 2012

2011 - 2012

I'm always amazed when I look back at an entire year. So many unpredictable things, blessings & trials included. But theres always evidence of where God had been faithful through it all. This year has been especially memorable. Feb 18th (the morning after my due date) I went into labor with Kylan. Just a month before, Neil had a job change... a big one. So we started off 2011 with big changes, maybe even a little risky. From there we adjusted to our life as a family of 5 and in the fall I started teaching dance again for the first time in 8 years :) Following that, Nyah was asked to join dance team at Urbana Dance where I teach and she's been loving that! I'm amazed at how talented she is naturally with dance. Ryder mastered the toilet of course (my least favorite phase of them all), and adjusted well to his new bunk bed and sharing a room with Nyah :) Neil and I celebrated 7 years of marriage and continue still to learn so much about being married and loving eachother. At the same time we are trying to stay involved with our kids' lives and by God's grace have continued to be on the same page with parenting and loving our kids. I'm so blessed to have such a hard working, dedicated man by my side. Thats something I'll always admire. We've had some awesome adventures and made SOOO many memories this year. It would take way to long to include them all, but i want to take a peak back at this year.

Some of the most memorable moments of 2011...




proud daddy and uncle (ky & whit)

one of our fav spots (baker park)

Easter (bonding with "Great Jean")

bonding with Ryder

bonding with Nyah :)

Mothers Day...baking with Mimi

Gah...love babies fresh out the bath!!

he loves his cousin

Nyahs artwork chosen for the art show at school (Kindergarten)

THE BEACH of course





Sesame Place

sweet brother moment :)

a little more of the beach

watching my baby blossom

eating rice cereal for the first time (clearly wasnt a fan)

July 4th!!

more of the kids poolside


annual crab feast at my brothers house

first taste of baby food haha sweet potatoes!

2 years old and this was his second trip to the ER for stitches!

Nyah turned 6!!

We had dinner and saw "Wicked" for her bday

6 Flags fun!

6 months

7 and 8 year anniversaries celebrated at Landsdowne Resort!! So fun!

More at the pool :)



playing with Mimi

Nyahs first day of 1st grade

Kylans first little hair snippet

Ashley and Mike's wedding!

I just loved him in his formal attire ;)

his first ride on a swing

all three of my kids at the pumpkin patch (Jumbos of course)

Ryder turned 3!


baby started cruising all over the place!

Halloween!!!


heather and michael visiting (with Harlan)

his first thanksgiving :)

Tree hunting with three little ones this year!!

our attempt at a family christmas pic haha... whatever

Looking forward to 2012 and all thats in store. Happy New Year!!!!

2 comments:

MissE said...

You have had a great year! Such a beautiful family, you are definitely blessed!

Lea Tame said...

Since we talked about blogs today, I remembered to check yours. Love you and your family!