Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Overwhelmed


Life always has its challenges. Some are harder than others, but I've realized that they all can make life so much sweeter! Today I'm overwhelmed with God's love and care for me even though I certainly have done nothing to deserve it. I may not have a lot of money, a super cool house, expensive car, or a life thats free from pain, but I have SO much to be so grateful for! My family is healthy, I have a family...a family that I cherish and adore with every inch of me, as crazy as we all are, they are mine! I have loved ones who are close enough to me to be a support and help. I'm so thankful to have so many dear to me that love my babies (almost) as much as I do :) These things are absolutely priceless and not guaranteed to anybody. I realize at any point in time one of these mentioned things could be taken away from me, so today I'm reflecting on the blessings I've been given, and thanking God for allowing me to have them today. This life is so short! I'm not guaranteed another day to enjoy my kids, my husband, friends, family, any of it. Its easy to be emotional and look at the negative in the moment, but it's not worth dwelling on, or I'll miss all the good stuff!! I'm a tired mommy of two little ones and a newborn, but who said I deserved them anyways?! Its an honor to wake up at 2:30 am and feed that little tiny person, or comfort the little one that had a bad dream. One day they'll be all grown up and I'll wish I could have those moments again :) Any bad day I have now is easily turned around when one of my kids squeezes me and says "I love you mommy", all on thier own. Thank you God for all the little blessings...and the big ones! I hope that when more challenges come my way, I'll still be able to thank God for pushing me and causing me to reflect on my life once again, and still be able to thank him in the middle of it. He is good...ALL the time.

5 comments:

Will and Sena said...

Thanks for sharing this, Jess, what a beautiful post!
Katie was so excited that Nyah was in class with her on Sunday... it was cute. =)

Hope you all are well & adjusting to your sweet family of five!
Love,
~~Sena

Allegra said...

Such a sweet post, Jess. Loved reading it :)

Brittany Cicala said...

you are such an inspiration me! I cherish you in my life and the way that you can calm me in a way no one else can. I am blessed to have you as a friend!

Katie McCawley Andrews said...

Jessica, this is amazing post, it's a favorite. I think about these things occasionally myself, but this is a nice reminder. You have a beautiful family :0)

MissE said...

This is so beautiful dear. I'm so happy for you.
I wish you continued blessings....