I wanted to post this a couple days ago on his actual birthday, but honestly there was just no way. My family has been walking through a very difficult time, we are still trying to get through it together and I dont have the words right now to even type about it yet to be completely honest. So for now, I'm going to try and write a post about my sweet boy.
.jpg) |
| (pc: Kristen Leigh "imkristen") |
I know I've said it before, but this kid is truly one of a kind. I still will catch myself being overwhelmed at times with the fact that he's mine. I get to be his mother and squeeze him and love him and teach him, and learn from him. He has this ability to blow me away with his timing. He will come out of nowhere and say the sweetest thing not knowing how much of in impact it really had on me. He has the softest most compassionate little heart. He is so sensitive to others and so quick to say sorry and ask for forgiveness. He opens the doors for ladies (wherever we are), compliments people, and introduces himself to other kids in such an adult way. He has an old soul. I have to tell people (kids and adults) that he's a hugger if they dont know him too well :) He has a lot of love to give and he's not stingy at ALL. That means I get SO many cuddles, kisses, and love and it never gets old! He loves Tee-ball, daddy's steak, school (and homework), his "famawy",monster trucks, CHRISTMAS (i call him our little elf), pump it up, and of course...the color green! He asks a MILLION questions daily and loves to boss his mommy and daddy around in the car because he already knows how to get EVERYWHERE! Our little back seat driver. He likes to know what we are doing, what time it is, what day it is, and how many days till _____ (insert whatever future even he's looking forward too). He has a bad habit of biting his nails, but he eats like a champ. He'll try almost anything and theres really not much he doesnt like. We call him the "little daddy" because he's always so concerned for/about others and LOVES babies haha. This kid. How is he mine? He drives me nuts when he aggravates the crud out of his little brother or when he can't sit still, or when he asks me how to spell every word in the dictionary, but i have a VERY hard time staying upset at him. He's a gentleman, loves the Lord, he's intelligent, and kind. I'm so blessed.
My sweet boy,
Mommy and Daddy cannot BELIEVE you are already 5! We love you so much our hearts want to burst. No matter what you do or who you become, know that our love for you will never dull. You are a gift from above and we adore you with our whole being. Happy Birthday Ryder Kade!
{birthday festivities}
Ryder went camping with his daddy for the first time (that he'd remember)! He and his best bud, Anthony (with his dad, Todd) camped at "Glory Downs Farm" (uncle day day's house) for a night and I still hear about it daily! They had an amazing time just being in the woods and smorin it up over the fire!
We also had dinner at Ledo's Pizza with my parents and Josie.He opened some gifts from them and Nena and Papa which made his night. He wanted to bring donuts to school (which we did) and wanted to go to Giant to pick out his own green cake haha! Can you tell I'm not Martha Stewart ;) Unfortunately he was too sick to celebrate with the Smart side, but they were sweet enough to send gifts over to him to open which made his sickies not so bad :)
we wont even mention that mommy failed big time and scheduled his shots on his actual bday :( He was so brave though and took them like a champ! We visited daddy at work right after and I think that helped.
Thanks to Great Jean and Granddad and Grandma Sherwood for sending sweet cards to my boy! He actually enjoys reading them and likes to have me read them over and over like books. He loves them and appreciates them.
No comments:
Post a Comment