In the beginning of September Neil and I decided that we were in faith for another baby...five months later it finally happened! Thats right...I'm expecting baby #2 and boy am I thrilled! Those months have seemed like an eternity as I've attempted to patiently wait on God's timing. Its completely different being ready to have one and having to wait, as opposed to my first pregnancy with Nyah (my little "surprise" baby 2 months after getting married). So I can say with confidence that I was just completely ignorant to the fact that it is NOT easy to get pregant. Not only that, but it has nothing to do with timing things perfectly. God decides the perfect moment and whether you've been anticpating it or had never thought about it, he has complete control over the entire pregnancy from the conception to the end. Every detail is perfectly planned. I am so thankful for that! But I seriously thought that since I had Nyah so quickly that it would be a super easy thing actually "trying" to get pregnant. I was very wrong. And just being more aware of how small the chances are of conceiving even in the perfect moment has convinced me that it has everything to do with God's timing...not mine :) Please pray for me, that I have a healthy little baby and that everything goes smoothly. I have those creeping thoughts like I did the first time about something horrible happening to the baby, or miscarrying. I know its in God's hands now, but I would so appreciate any prayers for the little peanut! I will post updates as things move along, but for now I don't feel pregnant at all and have yet to see any kind of belly. I'm only 4 weeks though so its only a matter of time.
Oh and I told Nyah the news and this is what happened: I said, "Nyah, guess what?...Mommy has a baby in her belly!" (she is familiar with this idea because of Alissa and her baby belly) Then she said, "Yay mommy!...baby in belly! (clapping and smiling)". Then she said to me, "Mommy, Nyah has baby in belly! (shouting with excitement lifting up her shirt haha)". I tried to tell her that she's too little and only big people get baby's in their belly. Only mommy has a baby in her belly not Nyah. Then she just got upset with me because that didn't seem fair :) She cracks me up. It should be interesting! But she's been doing awesome in her new big girl bed! She has been sleeping better than in the crib so I'm excited that we introduced that and potty training BEFORE a new baby! that in and of itself is a blessing haha! More updates to come :)
Monday, February 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Yay for new a baby! Maybe this time you will be the one with twins...hehe!
yippie!!! That is so exciting! I will be praying for you dear! Last time we saw you, you were on your way to being preggo and you didn't even know it! Such happy news.
ok we have only 3 months to have big belly's together, so start growing!! love u!
Congratulations! I will keep you and your little family member to be in my prayers.
congrats jess! such good news!
JESSICA!!! YAY!!! I am SO excited for you!!!!!!!
ps. did the disc work??
Jess, what awesome news! So happy to hear your beautiful family is growing... feels like yesterday I was in your wedding :) Miss you guys.
Allegra
Post a Comment